Sunday 2 February 2014

Week 2 Timelog (BERLIN)

During the past week I have been on a ‘research’ Trip to Berlin, which involved a lot of site seeing and finding your own feet becoming familiar with the location in which we were situated. Although this was a break from this project as such, we made an itinerary, which linked with consumer needs and satisfaction and the idea of digital presentation and what stands out to the consumer’s first glance in terms of space, colour, positioning and overall locations. This was extremely beneficial for this factor alone as it allowed me to become familiar with store presence and also structures. So, if I choose to design something for an in store or digitally based focusing on social networking this will be able to link in well.

So although this was beneficial in some way there was only a slight link to this project so this meant that not a lot of depth was put into the amount of work carried out, as this was more of a holiday. However, whilst being in Berlin, I was able to sit and think of my ideas in depth as I was had a lot of free time on my hands and was able to think clearly with being out of the usual work environment. This is when I found that my preferred ideas were steering towards the flower counter with Selfridges, the launch of Nasty Gal in the UK and also the Missguided Pop up stall. Another idea that stood out to me was the Apple Watch but when carrying out research when I returned from Berlin it became clear that this is more than likely going to be realized within the next 2 years so I could not exactly do this as I planned. However, it is slightly different so I will have to speak to my tutor and see what he thinks of my ideas.


Now that I have had near enough a full week off I found that I have become more motivated to get on with project and feel more refreshed which will be beneficial as I will be able to get the work balance right. I will now do a post on each service in general and then explain to my tutor to get his approval and opinion on which direction to go in for this campaign as I want to achieve the best outcome I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment