Friday 7 February 2014

Week 3 Timelog

I am now about to start my third week of work into this project and I am feeling slightly behind others from my class. This is due to me not being able to make a decision on which direction to go down. I have narrowed this down to now only two ideas, which include: the launch of Nasty Gal in the UK and the unique flower service for Selfridges. The reason why I have narrowed it down to these two are become I find they have a lot of substance and uniqueness about them and I have a substantial amount of rationale for why I have selected these two ideas.

The reason why I am drawn to the Nasty Gal launch in the UK idea is because this is something I know I would benefit from due to me shopping there. Also, it would save a lot of time and hassle having a UK distributor. But then at the same time, this would be in competition with the likes of Forever 21, Boohoo, Missguided and ASOS and to make this successful I would have to try and merge all there success rates and channel this through to Nasty Gal which would be very interesting but would be copying. This would be existing and fun to progress with but I do not know if this has enough emphasis. Although it would interest me would it be separating the consumers from each country? How would I get them to stop shopping in Forever 21 and Missguided and shop at Nasty Gal. This would be a hard process to draw out and try and tackle. I need to sit and find a market for the products, look at the profit they are making and see if they could even afford to move to the UK.

Whereas with the flower service for Selfridges idea this is completely new and I have nothing to compare myself to other than the likes of Interflora, Liberty and Moon Pig which provide the consumers with a completely different outlook to what my service would showcase. This could change the way flowers and presented around the household, this is more than just a gift this would be a ornament, a wearable product, it would completely change the way of flowers breaking the mold from all other brands themselves. With this is that it is a scary idea to come out with that has a lot of substance and value and it is something Selfridges would bring out due to their unique style and extravagant ways but am I able to pull this off?


This is something I need to have a talk with my Tutor, Paz, and see what he thinks of see if he can give me any advice to then allow me to come to a decision as I feel as though I am wasting time from sitting around. So, by Monday 10th aim to have my chosen idea so I can begin researching into this finding out the consumer, the style Selfridges work in and research into Mintel and find out about promotions and key technology influences.

No comments:

Post a Comment