Thursday 20 February 2014

Ideas for promotional and creative elements (current floral trends)

To get a clear understanding as to what is popular to date with current floral trends I began searching into WGSN as i found that this would be my main source helping to show me images, news reports, articles and general floral trends. When I was searching on WGSN I came across images like this;
This image was found within the Crafted love section. This supports the fresh flower aspect and presents this in a unique and innovative way which helps to support the way in which I want flowers to be looked upon. I would like this to be portrayed in a funky and quirky style which allows them to be subjective and make a stance. This shows flowers in a pretty sense yet adds an objective manner to them which makes them so original and different. This is how i plan on going about planning my ideas. This will be used and carried forward as a form of inspiration to allow myself to produce the most powerful outcome for this campaign.
With the crafted floral pieces, this allows the designs to be more personal with them being alive, this again helps to draw attention to them from a different outlook. All of which helps to support my spin on this service in which I am going to be providing.

Another report that I found to be useful on the WGSN website was the winter floral printed downloads. This helped to present the style and the image that people like to see of floral designs. This means that if i was going to go down the whole illustration route I would need to bare this in mind;
This shows the patterns and the styles that are key. Also, with the colour palettes this indicates the colours that work well together. however, before placing this together I will look into colour psychology and research in depth selecting colours that work well together. Obviously, the yellow and black are key colour indicators for Selfridges but if I could bring other colours into this, this could make it more innovative and interesting standing out and expressing how this is a new expansion and direction for the brand.

In addition to this, another key trend that I found on WGSN was;
This shows Columbia Road Market in London. This shows a little preview of what flowers they sell and how they are arranged within the florists. The reason why I found this to be particularly useful is due to the setup. I will use this an inspiration and take elements from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment