Friday 21 February 2014

Competitor Research (Overview)

In terms of competitors, there are many ways in which I can take this, I could either look a department stores of confectionary stores along with florists but I believe I want to gain as much of an understanding as possible so I am going to look into all of these areas to allow my sense of style to be key and professional and imitate this eventually to how Selfridges display themselves as a company.

In terms of florists I have competitors in genera, this is what I have came up with:
Interflora
MoonPig
Funky Pigeon
Harvey Nicholas
Harrods
Fortnum and Mason
Fenwick
Liberty
John Lewis
Debenhams
Supermarkets such as; Marks and Spencers, Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda, Aldi, Wait-rose

As I have now determined who the competitors are, I will look into these as a brand, see what it is they can offer the consumer with in terms of floral gifts and weigh up the pricing and determine what it is I can then offer and how i will go about making that profit for the brand.
I will look into their product lines, see what they offer the consumer, see whether they could possible pose a threat, determine if they would also go down the same route and discover more about how they present themselves and determine their style, the sense of imagery and how well they have done for themselves in the time that they have been existing. This will then help me to get an understanding as to what the market is like, what is expect from this market level and also I will then be able to do the same level of experimentation for Selfridges which will then allow myself to understand the brand in more depth.

I will now begin by looking into each one separately analysing their methodology and presence that they have along with the consumer they attract.

No comments:

Post a Comment