Monday 24 February 2014

Trip to London

With the main stores of Selfridges and Liberty both being in Central London I managed to squeeze a last minute trip there into my schedule which was extremely convenient and also beneficial because i was able to get an understanding of the stores layouts, the styles, the staff that work there, the image that they support and the over all atmosphere of being in store - the presence and the general communicational methods with everybody. This enlightened myself and I was more aware of how the stores worked and how the day to day business life went. This allowed myself to have a walk around both the stores taking all this information in whilst enjoying the vibes from the two stores.

Selfridges;

When I was visiting London I made sure that I analysed the window displays that Selfridges present themselves with along with ways of promotion and how they make the consumer enjoy there experience. I also focused on the inside of the store focusing on uniforms, staff, the services and the products that are available. With Selfridges, there is a floor for every type of product which means that I would like to place the flower service either within its own little spacing or next to the confectionery to also encourage sales within this area.
The colours black and yellow are extremely key and reinforce what Selfridges is about this is visible on all forms of promotion in store and also outside of the store to allow consumers to become aware of the brand.
These are key identifications within the store. These are the points that I will try and point out within the designs of min ensuring that I try and incorporate


These are images that I have taken from Liberty London. I also ensured that I did a close analysis around the store to ensure that I knew what was also going on within this. In particular i was focusing upon the flowers department in Liberty trying to figure out how this works and how the presentation of the store works. This allowed me to gain an understanding of what products are sold, how they are laid out and the overall aesthetics of the store.
In my opinion, this is not very big at all but this is the perfect size for the brand. The consumers are greater by a Liberty mat to support that this is part of the store and they introduced to the flowers along with the home ware section supported by this. These are all creative pieces that support what the brand is about and how they stand for what they do. They have maintained that luxury goods item within the floral section which is my plan for Selfridges. I want to carry through that elegant and sophisticated feel to ensure that this is maintained and pushed for.

Overall, my trip to london was extremely beneficial and successful and it allowed me to further my understanding of each of the brand and allow myself to see the difference between the two. It allowed me to see how Liberty have laid out their florist and allow myself some inspiration and guidelines for my own one which i will be designing shortly. This also allowed me to think of uniforms, service and the staff that would work within the florist.
When visiting Selfridges, this allowed me to see primarily what they focus on in store, the promotion and the depth of their service. So, overall this has really inspired to me push forward with my ideas and begin developing these so i have some visuals to work with and look at. This has motivated me and spurred me on to make this seem as professional and realistic as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment