Thursday 20 March 2014

The Potting Shed Research

When it came to my Interim crit with my tutors gave me a source of inspiration to try and copy or imitate in a way, this was the potting shed. When I looked on the website this is very earth like and environmentally friendly which is an issue I could address within the service. With the set up of this store this showcases all of the products that are available to be bought within the location shop. With this being more of a garden flower store to this has accessories such as watering cans, garden rakes, hoses along with buckets, vases and the use of other products. This is something that I could take from this for possible future directions to allow the brand to expand into further flower products if the success is beneficial to the brand.

With the potting shed, the colour used within the store again are earthy, this is something that I will not be imitating as I want this to be modern and fresh and full of life which will means that this will be current and outstanding. However, the feel that you get from the store will hopefully be the same. This will showcase how the brand means business and can offer a unique alternative to the other brands and companies.

Here are some images that I saved from their website;










I picked out the key elements that I was drawn to when looking into the website. This was a photo frame wall, the arrangements of the flowers and the pop up stall in the image of a shed. I found that these help to link what the store is about which is what I want to happen with the flower service for Selfridges. I would like everything to link together to reinforce how the luxury brand is sophisticated and chic and can help t change up the feel and even the aesthetics of your home. This will help to draw in consumers this way.

With the photo frame I find myself looking at these over and over due the positioning along with the products that come within this. As my campaign also used flowers this could be a form of promotion that I create a wall that allows all the flowers to sit within them. This is something that I will have to look into a little later on in the stage.

I am pleased that my tutor made me aware of this store as there are elements that I will take away from this and add to my own campaign to make this as professional and successful as possible allowing the flowers to be portrayed in an innovative manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment