Thursday 20 March 2014

Interim Crit with Tutor

With the deadline vastly approaching, my tutor has arranged drop in timeslots with all of our class to see where we are up to in terms of design, written content and general feelings about the campaign. With this being so, I wanted to have a variety of things to show to allow further feedback one given on the day. This means that It would point out what stage I am up to, help me out in terms of further direction and also give me an understanding of how this is being presented to the public seeing if the meaning is clear.

With this being so, the things that I took to show today included my two photoshoots, the logo design and social media. Along with informing my tutor that I am onto the middle P's in terms of writing. As this is so, I feel as though this is a good start to the campaign as I have completely finished one form of promotion and have a variety of shoots completed.

When showcasing my work here are some of the comments I received back;

  • Try and consider another re-shoot in terms of sophisticated outputs. Try and keep the flowers as unique and clinical as possible.
  • Look into the like of Jo Malone promotion as see how they use the flowers in a crowded yet classical sense.
  • The potting shed may be a useful source to copy.
  • Try to group things in 3's as they look a lot more professional.
  • Try and eliminate the shadow effect around the flowers allowing the key focus to draw you right into the middle of the flower.
  • Try and get hold of some existing Selfridges products to coincide with the shoot.
  • Detail is key within this service and this is being expressed within the images this just needs to be touched up slightly.
  • The promotion is key and works successfully helping the consumer to understand what the service is about.
With this being so, I will take all of this on board and begin looking into further research for promotional layouts as I want this to come across as sophisticated and professional as possible.
I am pleased with the feedback given today as it gives me some direction. This has also made me feel more confident with the service due to the ideas and support given.

No comments:

Post a Comment