Tuesday 4 March 2014

Instagram Inspiration - Lauren Conrad

Another source that I was still yet to try out in terms of secondary research was Instagram. The reason why I wanted to ensure that I had covered the basis of this was because of the rise in this social media platform as of late. This has really took off which has allowed people and even the celebrities to post whenever they like. All forms of shops including Selfridges have set up an instagram page to allow the consumer to view snippets of what is coming or what has been a best seller. I found that when looked at their own instagram page this was something that I wanted to add to and create a new one especially for the flower service. This would allow new hash tags and allow the new, replenished audience to become aware of the updates that this will then have.

I visited Instagram because I knew that I would be able to find some forms of inspiration for the flower service whether this be colours, arrangement, style, or general inspiration. I knew I would then have some other method of inspiration to work from.

The first page that I came across that I found to be intriguing was Lauren Conrad the famous model. She regularly posts about getting flowers sent as a gift, or by delivery. As this was so I want to showcase some of the flowers she posts as I found that they are not only pleasing on the eye but they are unique and presented in a simple way but this is sophisticated and classic giving off that chic look which is what I want for th luxury brand of Selfridges.



Here are the images that I saved from the Lauren Conrad instagram this shows the beauty of the flowers and how a simple piece of arrangement can change the way the product is viewed. In addition, the way in which they are photographed means that they are presented in a pleasing manner and allows the close up shots to express the power of the flowers. This is something that when I have planned a shoot out I will look into more detail in. The use of ribbons and the like of cups by placing the flowers in this again makes the whole presentation form more innovative and would allow the brand of Selfridges to stand out.
The use of the colour palettes again is what stood out to me with all the pastel colours and the vibrant colours. This is something that I need to also consider with it being launched in Spring/Summer 15 this means that the spring pastel colours will be on trend along with the brighter ones.
All of which i will have to consider when going into a florists and looking at exactly what it is they can offer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment