Wednesday 5 March 2014

Digital Engagement Book Notes - Leland Harden and Bob Heyman

This is another book that supports and reinforces how much of an important impact digital means has on society today. This portrays how this has risen over the years both for public benefits and also branded benefits. The reason why I was drawn to this book was because this highlights key points to analyse when creating a working method so I wanted to show this within my service.

The key points from this book include;

PAGE 7: "The web is effective for the following tasks and ROI models;

  • Brand building
  • Lead generation
  • Online sales (e-commerce)
  • Customer support
  • Market research
  • Word of mouth, word of wed, buzz marketing
  • Content services
  • Web publishing"
This indicates that there are the key processes for making digital work. This is something that I will need to bare in mind and carry this through with my service. Major marketers are aware of this process and have built upon there websites and have given web presence over the years. This implies that the most important tool in brand building is organisation and dominance. This is also something I wish to carry forward with my design methods.

PAGE 18: " Finding out who is talking about you is one thing. Getting millions of people to spread your message virally through the web is a Holy Grail of web marketing. Often called guerrilla marketing or viral marketing, generating buzz usually costs nothing but a few minutes of your time."

PAGE 29: "If your website launches more than a year ago, its probably ripe for a makeover."
This implies that on a yearly basis websites should be overlooked and given a new style to keep the consumer intrigued and up to date with changes in the brand keeping up with the modernism. This is something I will consider, I would create one style and possibly show how this would be re-vamped the following year to show the changes.

PAGE 149: " Convienience, relevance and depth"
These are the key 3 stages that are always required and need to be placed into each process of the campaign that is being designed and put into place.

When analysing this book I found that it was beneficial in some ways but also far too technical for what   it was I was looking for. However, I manage to get a few points from this book. I will now look into another source hoping I can get more from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment