Wednesday 5 March 2014

Selfridges Financial reports Research

When looking for Selfridges budgets and money flow I found that it was extremely hard to come across the data that I was looking for. With this being so, I asked for someones help and found that I was searching for the wrong sort of data. This source ensured me that if I looked into Financial reports for Selfridges then this would be when I was introduced to the facts and the figures of sales and profits. This means that I will then be able to see what I can afford to spend with the brands money.

Links that I found to be beneficial include;

http://www.retail-week.com/analysis-how-did-selfridges-break-the-1bn-sales-mark/5042275.article
Selfridges sales jumped 5% to pass the momentous £1bn mark last year and furthermore, operating profits are expected to rise 5% to £133m when figures for the year are published this week. What is Selfridges doing so right?

This is what the article is about supporting how they have made a £1Bilion profit for the year of last year of 2012. This shows how the brands success rate was high and consumers bought into the brand more so due to the luxury items sold here. This implies how the brand is a desired store. This is something I wish to maintain with my new flower service for there.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-2227367/Selfridges-shareholders-40m-dividend-bumper-years-trading.html

This article reinforces how the Department store Selfridges has paid out £40 million in dividends to shareholders after a bumper year's trading. The payout taken from documents filed by Selfridges Holdings Limited, bring the total dividend in the past four years to £216 Million pounds.



https://www.duedil.com//company/00097117/selfridges-retail-limited/financials

This is another source that I found to be really helpful. This shows more figures than any other article I have read. This supports the sales, the figures and the profits from 1996-2013.





http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b86655fa-4ae3-11e3-ac3d-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2w8G3mKXg

This article supports the profit made by the brand showing their increase in their success from 2012.

"Sales at Selfridges, based on London’s Oxford Street, rose 5 per cent to £487.5m. But an increase in operating costs weighed on the group’s earnings, meaning that pre-tax profits fell 8.7 per cent to £73.5m for the year to February 2 2013."



No comments:

Post a Comment