Thursday 20 March 2014

Jo Malone Research

As I have used elements from Jo Malone to allow the service to be slightly more upbeat and modern still holding elements of sophistication and chicness I believe further research into the brands style and image along with the promotional techniques that they use could be beneficial to my campaign. This will allow myself become knowledgeable in the way that their brand works helping to add further similar features in to the new service in which Selfridges is offering. The reason why I chose to use hints of style from Jo Malone is due to that authentic approach that they take. This helps to showcase the brand in a broader sense making this pleasing on the eye. Additionally, due to their creativity in terms of their style this is something that I wanted the brand to imitate. With the brand of Selfridges opting for a clinical and cleanser look this means that everything was stripped back it was hard to identify and edgy style to coincide this until I came across the Jo Malone style.

Elements from Jo Malone that I like is the use of boarders, block colours, and white spacing which is something that I will maintain throughout in all forms of promotion, image style and the aesthetics given from the service. This is what I found were key features. In addition to this, I want to now analyse ways in which the brand connect with the audience in terms of promotional techniques. This will allow my to gather further guidance and again knowledge on how the brand works.

Here are some images that I found to be aesthetically pleased and engaging in terms of products and the message being conveyed;















I like how Jo Malone used flowers to surround their products which is probably the reason I keep using the brand as a form of inspiration. The arrangements of these along with the selected colours used allows the beauty of not only the products but the flowers to shine through. The positioning and the layout is key. All of the angles used here can be edited through cropping of the image which is something that I plan on trying to to get the most from the images. With the brand you can acknowledge that this is a key, luxury brand and I want this to be visible with my products too so I will keep referring back to Jo Malones techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment