Friday 7 March 2014

Inspiration for Layout Ideas

In terms of laying out my dissertation along with the whole campaign, i need to ensure that there is a constant link throughout the process to show that the new consumer has been taken into account, whilst also maintaining a sophisticated and chic outlook on the retailer of Selfridges. This means that when looking for ways to layout my campaign project I need to think of Jo Malone and Selfridges combined as this is how I have laid out some forms of promotion so there needs to be a direct link back to these two outlooks.

I have tried to keep this as modern and unique as possible due to the service being completely new and different from all other retailers/brands. As this was so I am looking for a classical yet twisted outlook on the brand so the layout needs to coincide this aspect. With this being so, I am going to look for quirky, creative layouts to allow the brand and the service to stand out.

This style of layout stood out to me for a combination of reasons, more so for that splatters of paint which help to add more to the page. This gives more definition and aura to the design which makes this have further substance and meaning. However, when thinking about this, this is not something that Selfridges would usually go for because of their clean and clinical style. although this would allow this new style to stand out this maybe slightly too different.

This style stood out to me also due to the clinical yet bold statement the brand of Elle are making. The use of different types allows the font to stand out and become easily legible. This is something I will consider when creating a layout template for my design. This allows the imagery to be a second focus point being drawn into the type first which allows the eye to view the full layout. This is also a clever technique that I would like to use for my designs. The colours used within this design are another reason why I like this layout. They are not too in your face and allow the classical and chic elements of the design to stand out. This is something I will carry forward with my own designs.

I was drawn to this page layout and this would be a good technique to use to break up all of the type pages. By placing an image that takes up the whole page or even two allows this to make a statement and allow the viewer the be drawn in to the aesthetically pleasing image. The use of the bold type catches your attention but the main focus is on the image which leaves the audience wanting to see more of this. This is something that I would also consider using to allow the images to be viewed on a mass scale this will allow the audience to twee the intricacy behind the images and be drawn into makes a purchase within the counter.

With the miss placement of the image this allows the page to again be broken up and to allow different elements to be the focal point. This does not leave the page too get heavy which will allow the audience to enjoy what they are seeing. This also gives them an insight as to what is being spoken about to allow them to put a image to the type. This is something I am going to consider as although Selfridges is an elegant brand, this adds a modern outlook onto this.

The reason why this layout stood out to me is because of the use of text boxes. This allows the type to be kept separate from the images allowing this to be focused upon. This also allows the image to be seen and then the text to be read or vide versa. This adds emphasis to the design adding definition and a clear path to follow. With Selfridges being a luxury brand I feel as though this would be something that they promote and try to ensure that the audiences is understanding what is being presented to them in an easy manner.

Although this is not really appropriate, the use of boarders and full images is something that I would like the brand of Selfridges to bring in. With the new target customer being aged between 18-30 this is something that could allow the brand to branch out into. With the promotional methods of the website along with a few others being in the style of Jo Malone this is something that could be carried through with the rest of the designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment