Tuesday 13 May 2014

Evaluation

With this project I have tried to maintain a wide scope view on the brand and the issue of flowers due to these both being out of my comfort zone with myself usually focusing on flowers. With this project I have thoroughly enjoyed creating this as it was something new and allowed myself to put my skills to good use in others forms. When creating this new service for Selfridges and focusing on the market of flowers I understood that I was taking a huge risk due to the brand success and their level of sophistication however, I hope I have managed to pull this off.

Within this campaign I tried to be as experimental as possible due to the brand reaching out to new consumers and basing themselves under a whole new limelight so new modern updates took place which is what allowed me to have so much fun with this project. Due to nothing being created like this before this meant I was able to start this from scratch and include exactly what I wanted to.

In terms of promotion an development in that sense this took a lot longer than I thought but what I was creating was really time consuming and needed a lot of care and attention which meant that I needed to slow myself down slightly.

With the outcomes I found that they are presented in a girly sense and although flowers are unisex their main attraction was from females so I chose to place the colour pink throughout which change the whole perspective and viewpoint on the brand making this pleasing, playful, fun yet still holding that level of sophistication that they do.

This allowed me to focus on my skills and progress as a person in general allowing me to grown in the knowledge of flowers. What I liked about this project was that it was so free and open to all forms of progression. This allowed me to go as minimalistic or as busy as I wanted and there was so much to play around with which meant that I enjoyed placing all the outcomes together.
What I like about the work in which I have produced is that it is through and I like the style that I have tried to imitate as I personally think this gives a new outlook on the brand. I enjoyed the photoshoot and the assistance of the graphic design Eunice for the stall as I found that this helped me in showcasing the exact image that I wanted to. Another element that I found that I enjoyed was the split timed deadlines as this allowed me to set myself goals and as these were met I felt a little closer to finishing and that feeling of satisfaction was visible.

On the other hand, the side of the project that I didn't really like was that I found that due to no other retailer trying this out before there was not alot of direction so I could have totally messed this up with going with my own instinct but like I have mentioned I am happy with the outcomes. Slightly gutted about the counter issue but I feel like this is able to express what the service is without the counter being present on the final board or portfolio as this is the promotion stage so not too much would be showcased and given away anyway.

If I had a chance to do this project differently there is not really alot that I would change in terms of direction I would maybe try and create more forms of promotion and bring more to the brand in terms of design but I am pleased and proud of what i have created within the past four months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment